Husqvarna have just announced the 701 ENDURO as an addition to their model line up. The bike is a dual purpose mid size adventure bike due for release late this year.
Husqvarna Motorcycles returns to the street dual sport segment with the 701 ENDURO – continuing the brand’s more than 100-year heritage in all motorcycle divisions.
The 701 ENDURO is a machine built from the ground up combining state-of-the-art equipment with unique bodywork, offering functional Swedish-inspired design.
Bred from decades of enduro world championship-winning success the 701 ENDURO has the ability to master on road and off-road terrain with equal composure, ensuring versatility.
Featuring class-leading technology the 690 cc engine, which produces 67 hp, has a double spark plug ignition, selectable engine maps and ride-by-wire throttle.
Reliability, durability and efficiency are guaranteed by high-tech applications such as the active crankcase evacuation and the forced lubrication system, which reduce oil friction and pump losses.
The 701 Enduro has innovative bodywork featuring a long seat that reaches over the radiator shrouds with functional ribbing to improve grip in all conditions.
WP Performance has tuned the closed-cartridge 4CS forks specifically for the 701 ENDURO, which find their perfect match in the fully-adjustable WP rear shock. For all-terrain riding capabilities both front and rear suspension offer 275 mm of travel.
A super lightweight die-cast aluminium swingarm matches with the self-supporting polyamide rear subframe to further enhance the bike’s power-to-weight ratio. For optimal weight distribution, and long ride peace of mind, a 13-litre fuel tank is integrated into the subframe.
The advanced ABS system with offroad specific settings, Brembo brakes and the hydraulically operated slipper clutch guarantee total control in all conditions. The 701 ENDURO comes with high-quality black DID rims as standard, fitted with tried and tested Continental TKC 80 tyres on the 21’’ (front) and 18’’ (rear) wheels.
With the specific A2 engine map that limits power to 30kW, the 701 ENDURO can be ridden by A2 licence holders (dependant on country regulation outside EU) hoping to become true world travelers.
The Husqvarna 701 ENDURO will be available from November 2015 (February 2016 in the US and Canada) at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers.
701 ENDURO HIGHLIGHTS
- Ergonomically designed, innovative bodywork.
- 67 hp single-cylinder engine featuring latest technologies in design and electronics.
- Chromium-molybdenum trellis frame optimised for precise handling and total rider confidence.
- Competition-level WP 4CS fork and WP rear shock for outstanding control and adjustability.
- Extremely low-weight aluminium swingarm designed to ensure the highest levels of traction and stability.
- Polyamide self-supporting rear subframe with integrated 13-litre fuel tank.
- Keihin 46mm electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle actuation for impeccable response.
- Switchable engine maps to perfectly adapt engine characteristics according to conditions.
- Cutting-edge switchable ABS with specific offroad mode.
- APTC slipper clutch for maximum control under hard braking.
- Extensive range of Accessories to further enhance the bike’s characteristics and performance.
- Specific (optional) engine map that limits power making the 701 ENDURO A2-legal (EU)