No more prototypes, no more social media leaks concepts, the Ténéré 700 has been officially revealed.
Equipped with the successful CP2 689cc parallel-twin engine and a completely new chassis, the lightweight no compromise adventure bike Ténéré 700 is designed to deliver class-leading handling and agility in the dirt – combined with high speed long distance performance on the road – making it extremely capable in Australian conditions.
Key technical features
• High-torque 689cc 4-stroke CP2 parallel-twin engine
• New lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
• Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
• Aggressive rally-bred face with four LED headlights and two LED position lights
• Adjustable long-travel 43mm upside down forks with 210mm travel
• Remotely adjustable link-type rear suspension with 200mm travel
• Compact rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
• 21-inch/18-inch lightweight spoked wheels with adventure tyres
• Slim long-range fuel tank with 16-litre capacity for 350km+ range
• Compact rally-style multi-function instruments
• Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment
• Screen and handguards give good rider protection
The new Ténéré 700 will be available late 2019 at Australian and NZ Yamaha dealers in Ceramic Ice, Competition White and Power Black. RRP is TBA