Many riders acknowledge the need for impact protection when it comes to protecting your knees, however they shy away from the extra cost of a knee brace.
The intensity of off-road motorcycling, combined with high speeds, brutal impacts and difficult terrain, places their ligaments at significant risk. Knee Guards provide zero ligament protection.
POD’s new patented and medically certified K4 knee braces offer an affordable alternative to knee guards and are clinically proven to reduce the prevalence and severity of knee injuries.
Inspired by the human body, POD has taken hinge design to another level with a patented Hinge that uses shock-absorbing synthetic ligaments. These ligaments are engineered from Vectran Fibres that are 5 times stronger than steel, to provide progressive, multi directional motion control. Load dampening hinge inserts can be integrated to limit full extension and reduce the time the knee is in the ‘at risk’ position.
Impact Modified Lightweight Composite Frames anchor to the hinges for optimal load transfer away from the knee joint, without compromising feel for the bike.
Integrated adaptive cuffs accommodate muscle motion and conform to various leg shapes, while reducing the risk of skeletal fractures.
Antimicrobial Frame liners enhance comfort, reduce odour plus capture the interior straps and clips to anchor the brace to your leg, and stop brace migration during your ride.
CE impact tested & certified Full Coverage guards protect against impacts, handlebar strikes, plus enhance comfort when kneeling.
The impact guards are easily removeable to convert the brace for multi-sport use.
Unlike traditional medical braces, produced with mechanical metal hinges, POD’s anti corrosive materials make them ideal for Water Sports, Alpine Sports, Mountain Biking, plus Team & Action Sports.
The K4 braces are Medically Certified and suitable across all ages, genders, plus for work & play. Check with your health insurance provider for your coverage guidelines
Brace Early! Soft tissue damage to young children’s knees can interfere with growth and development for the rest of their lives. The K4 braces are available in Youth, plus Youth Tall sizes, providing young riders with uncompromised comfort, performance and support.
Available in Gloss Metallic White or Matte Graphite, so choose your flavour.
IMPACT MODIFIED FRAME
- Impact Modified Lightweight Composite frames anchor to the hinges for optimal load transfer away from the knee joint, without compromising feel for the bike.
- Our patented technology is proven to reduce the risk of knee injuries while delivering unprecedented levels of strength, comfort, reliability and performance.
NEW HUMAN MOTION® HINGE
- The intensity of modern sport places the human knee at significant risk which is why we developed our own Synthetic Ligaments™ to reduce the strain on yours.
- Inspired by the human body, our patented Human Motion® technology uses the power of Synthetic Ligaments™ engineered from Vectran Fibres™ (5X stronger than steel) to provide progressive, multidirectional motion control.
- The New POD Hinge Housing provides smooth contact surface against your knee avoiding abrasion and delivering new levels of comfort, performance & reliability.
- CE impact tested & certified Full Coverage guards protect against impacts, handlebar strikes, plus enhance comfort when kneeling.
- The impact guards are easily removable to convert the brace for multi-sport use.
- The Adaptive Cuffs were designed to conform to various leg shapes while adapting to muscle movement. They accommodate muscle motion and disperse load reducing the risk of skeletal fractures.
- The knee is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body, with three large bones held together by four ligaments that are vital for joint stability and proper function.
- Because that reason, the K4 Knee Brace has been certified as a medical device to help prevent leg and knee injuries such as ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, Rotary and Combined instability
- Antimicrobial Frame liners enhance comfort, reduce odour plus capture the interior straps and clips to anchor the brace to your leg, and stop brace migration during your ride.
- The brand new Quick-Loc Clip System & low profile interior straps anchor the brace to your leg quicker and easier than ever. No more waste of time before a ride!
RELIABLE & SERVICEABLE
- All technical equipment requires scheduled maintenance, and POD’s simple modular design allows you to replace worn out liners & straps, rebuild the hinge system and replace damaged impact guards. That means you can buy the parts you need to service or rebuild your brace, at home or the track, saving you time and money.
Pod K4 knee braces area available from your local dealer or Australian online retailer for the RRP of $779.90