Is it possible to improve the frame, suspension and performance of a World Championship-winning motorcycle? It’s not easy when the bikes in question are those of Steve Holcombe or Brad Freeman, but Betamotor’s technicians like a challenge, and so two major innovations have been added to the 2024 RR Racing models, doubling the rideability, power and fun! Beta’s flagship racing bike, the 2024 RR 300 Racing 2T now features a new engine with dual sparkplugs, with most of the other RR Racing range receiving a new frame (excluding the 125 and 200). But that’s not all, the RR 125 Racing 2T is also receiving a completely redesigned engine. Rounding off the package are new graphics and high-level, race-ready components.
As per previous model years, the RR Racing range represents the race-ready versions of the Enduro RR models with a series of changes made to the engine, suspension, frame and equipment, creating a range that gives their best performance on the track. For 2024, the new features and innovations are undoubtedly high impact and consistent with the build philosophy of these models, offering everyone the ability to make the most of the available performance with minimal effort, so they can always give their best.
Let’s take a look at all the new features and characteristics that set the models apart.
Engine – RR 300 Racing 2T
The engine of the multiple world championship-winning Brad Freeman is known in the offroad landscape for its torque and linear power delivery. Able to offer excellent progressive power throughout the range while providing top-end performance when needed. With the introduction of a new cylinder head with a dual spark plug system, these characteristics are further improved: the delivery is even more linear, and although the maximum power is increased, the ability to manage the output has clearly improved. This result has been achieved thanks to the two spark plugs, which provide numerous benefits:
– They offer improved distribution of the fuel ignition points in the combustion chamber, providing less fuel consumption, making the system more efficient and achieving a significantly lower residue level thanks to the greater carburation stability at all engine speeds. This translates into smoother delivery.
– The engine’s range of use is further extended, with its greater torque and more power.
– The two spark plugs are managed by a completely separate electrical system. So, if one of the spark plugs should foul, the engine will still be able to run, although with less efficiency, allowing the race or off-road session to be completed.
Engine – RR 125 Racing 2T
As it has repeatedly demonstrated, Beta believes in the potential of young riders, and the manufacturer has once again chosen to highlight this with the 2024 Racing bikes. The 2024 RR125 Racing 2T sees a new engine that increases the power along the entire delivery curve, intensifying the maximum peak horsepower available. This result has been made possible by a totally new cylinder, with all-new porting, and a new exhaust valve system. The power valve control has been modified, as well as the spring and the valve opening regulation calibration, in order to make the engine more reactive, powerful and full-blooded, increasing the explosiveness of its performance. The new 125cc engine now has a significantly greater range of use than in the past, with power gains at high speeds without losing low-end torque.
• Frame: all new 2024 RR Racing models, (excluding the 125 and 200), feature a completely new frame. The steering tube spars have a larger section than in the past (10mm), introduced in order to provide greater rigidity to the bike and to reduce the overall flex. In terms of the ride, this translates into greater precision on entry into and during turns, where the greater rigidity allows the bike’s trail-holding to be improved with a truer and more direct response. This main modification, already successfully used in competition by the Official Team, brings with it a series of adaptations in the supports and engine mounts, introduced to support the new frame characteristics. In addition to the above modifications, the footpeg mounts and the rear brake cylinder mount have also been modified. More specifically, the footpeg mounts are now narrower at the bottom, to prevent the possibility of ground contact when riding in deep ruts. The rear brake cylinder mount has also been redesigned to house the new Nissin brake cylinder.
• Nissin: the new frame is now able to house a new, higher-performance Nissin rear brakecylinder. This component represents an advance on the previous model and is distinguished, as well as in its outer construction, by its greater braking power combined with improved ability to modulate it (excluding the 125 and 200).
The package of new features introduced on the 2024 RR Racing range is rounded off by the high-level equipment and the precise characteristics that set these models apart from the RR range.
Traction Control – 4T Range
The Traction Control, which can be disabled at any moment, is now a fundamental feature of the larger engine sizes and is therefore also found on the 2024 RR Racing range. Management of this system is via the usual button on the control panel between the steering tube and the fuel tank. As both the TC function and engine map selection function are controlled from this panel, it has two control buttons and two separate indicator LEDs for the two functions.
Oil mix – 2T Range
For the 2T models within the 2024 RR Racing range, Beta has decided to stick with its choice of doing away with an automatic mixer, so that its Racing bikes continue to set benchmarks for lightness and, as a result, agility. The RR Racing two-stroke bikes must therefore be fueled with oil/petrol pre-mix – a characteristic accentuating the thoroughbred racing nature of this range. These bikes can still be fitted with an aftermarket oil mixer, available as an accessory from the Beta Factory Parts catalogue.
Suspension – Entire Range
• 48 mm Kayaba (KYB) AOS closed cartridge fork: Anodised internal parts and the treatments administered to the materials minimise sliding friction, while adjustable compression and rebound damping lets each rider find the perfect customisation of the setting. Betamotor engineers have recalibrated the component to make it work optimally with the new frame characteristics.
• Kayaba (KYB) C46 Rear Shock: The KYB shock can be seen as a gold standard in the racing scene in terms of its ability to absorb the roughness of the terrain, the level of traction transferred to the vehicle and the consistency of performance even under particularly heavy use, and its hydraulic setting can be fully customised by adjusting the external compression(both high and low speed) and rebound settings.
Racing Components – Entire Range
• Quick release front axle: immediately recognisable by the red anodised alloy release lever, this component is crucial for saving precious seconds in a race when you need to change a tyre.
• Reinforced handguards: the new handguards, designed and manufactured in-house byBetamotor, feature a two-component material mould, in red and blue, which not only give the bike a racing look but also makes them especially hard-wearing in even the roughest off-road use.
• CNC aluminium footpegs: to ensure maximum control at all times and ensure no loss of contact with the bike, the RR Racing models are fitted with black racing footpegs with steel pins, featuring a large contact surface area.
• Rear sprocket with anodised aluminium core and steel toothing by ZF SPROCKETS: top-class performance, lightness and strength – the perfect mix of all the attributes any racing component must have.
• Dedicated red and blue racing seat: with a non-slip top cover and document holder pocket for unparalleled grip, comfort and practicality.
• Anodised black shift lever and rear brake pedal.
• Gearbox oil filler cap, engine oil filler cap and oil filter cap anodised red aluminium.
• Chain tensioners in red CNC aluminium.
• New Racing graphics and red and blue wheel decals.
For more information about pricing BETA 2024 model range