1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Terms and Conditions of the promotion can be found at the Promoter’s website
2. Entry is only open to all Australian residents, over 18 years of age. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Universal Magazines and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The Dirt Action Project Bike Suzuki RM-Z450 Giveaway Competition commences on Thursday 23/11/2017. Entries close and must be received by 23:59 AEST Thursday 07/06/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
4. To receive twenty (20) free entries: subscribe to Dirt Action or Trailrider magazines during the
promotional period and. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
a. only one (1) entry permitted per subscription requirement; and
b. each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
a. online at
b. emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
c. over the phone 1300 303 414
d. faxing the order form through to 02 9805 0714,
e. letter to Subscriptions Department, Reply Paid 75687, North Ryde NSW 1670.
5. To receive one (1) free entry: Signup to enewsletter at www.dirtaction.com.au
6. To receive one (1) free entry: sign up to the Facebook promotion page
7. To receive five (5) free entries:
a. purchase Dirt Action issue #222 on-sale 5th April, 2018 which will be in all newsagents, airport stores nationally and other retail outlets.
b. keep your receipt
c. scan the competition QR code displayed on posters in-store, and
d. enter details including name, email, where the magazine was purchased and Receipt no. (if unable to identify the receipt number, keep the receipt as you will be required to present it if drawn as the winning entry.
8. The prize is a Suzuki RM-Z450 valued at $11,490, plus a Matrix Stand valued at $159.95, plus a Suzuki Pit Tent valued at $499.00.
9. Total prize value is $12,148.95
10. The winner will receive the Suzuki RM-Z450 Project Bike as per the final completed product at the date of the competition close. On-road costs are not applicable to an off-road motocross motorcyle. Winner will be responsible for all costs (i.e. travel and freight) associated with collecting the bike from Universal Magazines Head Office.
12. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
13. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
15. The draw shall take place at Universal Magazines Head Office, Unit 5, 6-8 Byfield St, North Ryde, NSW at 12.00 noon, AEST Monday 11/06/2018, where ONE entrant will be drawn from the barrel. The successful entrant (the “Winner”) will be contacted by phone on the 11/06/2018 and receive notification in writing within two days. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s name will be published on
16. A draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place on 11/09/2018 at Universal Magazines Head Office, Unit 5, 6-8 Byfield St, North Ryde, NSW at 12.00 noon, where ONE (1) entrant will be drawn from the barrel. The successful entrant (the “Winner”) will be contacted by phone on the 11/09/2018 and notified in writing within two days. Winner’s name of the unclaimed prize draw will be published on the 11/05/2018 on
17. Universal Magazine reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by Universal Magazine to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
19. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
FACEBOOK AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
20. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook and/or any other social media site(s). The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. As a condition of accepting the prize, a Winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f)use of a prize.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter, Suzuki Australia and their authorised dealers using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter and the Participating Suppliers collect personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter and the Participating Suppliers may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers. All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers.
28. The promoter is Universal Magazines, Unit 5, 6-8 Byfield St, North Ryde NSW 2113.
ABN: 55 003 026 944
29. Authorised under: ACT TP 17/02295, NSW Permit Number LTPS/17/19505, SA Permit Number T17/2146