Our initial thoughts of the all-new Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots
I haven’t worn a pair of Alpinestars Tech 7 boots for 10 years, back then, I was a big fan. Since then, the Tech 7 has taken on a whole new form, a complete transformation if you will. Sliding on the boot they did feel slightly stiff, not a bad thing. These boots feature a “link” rather than a complete mechanical hinge to ensure a comfortable feeling as well as impressive feel when on the bike.
I have only ridden in these boots once, the first few laps they were actually quite stiff, more than I remember. That feeling only literally lasted half a day and the boots were nice and comfortable. The toe area offers great feel around gear shifter and I have noticed how well constructed the clips are, they are super easy to use. It’s only early days in the Alpinestars Tech 7 – so stay tuned for further updates. – Matt Bernard
- New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable.
- The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle.
- Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
- Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable.
- Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support.
- Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry.
- Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.
- Soft foam reinforcement on ankles and collar for long lasting comfort and shock absorption.
- New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra top for comfort and support ensures even weight distribution and reinforced heel.
To check out these boots at MXstore – CLICK HERE