Daniel Milner has held onto his overall lead in the A4DE from Husqvarna’s Daniel Sanders in seriously rough and dusty conditions.
Milner was once again the man to beat in the E3 class taking a commanding win and putting a big gap between himself and rest of the E3 field with a time of 40:16.318, Milner has stretched his lead out to just under 2 minutes. Lachlan Stanford again enjoyed a solid days riding, and really clicked with the rougher tracks as the day went on, Stanford sits in second place with a time of 42:09.619. Rounding out the podium again in third position was Broc Grabham on his Gas Gas, finishing with a time of 42:40.700 after an improved performance from day one.
Milner was wrapped to take out day two; “My bike was awesome today and we had some really good test times, I’m happy with where we are sitting right now. Its been good thus far, and today was a tough day with the conditions but there were some good tests that we got on when they were fresh which was nice,” finished Milner.
Daniel Sanders has started the 2018 A4DE in fine form claiming day two to back up his efforts on day one. Sanders aboard his Husqvarna again topped the time sheets, but a few falls today did hurt his time, but Sanders did enough to stop the clock at 40:36.702. Active8 Yamaha Yamalube’s Josh Green will be happy with his efforts on day two, moving into second place for the E2 class after finishing day two with a 41:52.543. Green’s teammate Wil Ruprecht moved into third place on day two, showing great speed after a month out with a shoulder injury after his time of 42:04.208. Lyndon Snodgrass was sitting in second position after day one, but a mechanical issue has ruled him out of the rest of the A4DE.
Sanders is happy with how his A4DE is tracking after day two; “It was a good day, it’s good to stay in front of the class and today we got to ride the new test which was good and hopefully it can hold up for tomorrow as well, but with two days finished and two days to go we just need to keep it upright and get the bike and body through to Saturday,” added Sanders.
Luke Styke aboard his Active8 Yamaha Yamalube has shown great speed on day two of the A4DE, taking out the E1 class on a day that pushed riders to the edge with warm conditions and rough tests. Styke rose to the occasion and put in a great days riding, stopping the clock at 41:49.088. Michael Driscoll is sitting in second after day two, the Yamaha rider is over 40 seconds a drift at the end of day two. Fraser Higlett is enjoying his move up to the E1 class after claiming third position on day two with a time of 42:55.010.
Day 2 A4DE E3 Provisional Results
1. Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Racing Team) –40:16.318
2. Lachlan Stanford (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) – 42:09.619
3. Broc Grabham – 42:40.700
4. Thomas Mason – 43:40.922
5. Andrew Wilksch (Motul Pirelli Sherco Team) – 43:54.749
6. Kane Hall – 44:07.414
7. Stuart Holt – 44:57.919
8. Max Vlasich – 44:58.862
9. Jesse Lawton – 46:10.835
10. Kade Dorrington – 46:30.141
Day 2 A4DE E2 Provisional Results
1. Daniel Sanders (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) – 40:36.702
2. Joshua Green (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Off-Road Team) – 41:52.543
3. Will Ruprecht (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Off-Road Team) – 42:04.208
4. Christopher Hollis – 42:49.184
5. Jarrod Bewley – 43:14.076
6. Stefan Granquist – 43:23.430
7. Geoff Braico – 43:34.818
8. Joshua Brierley – 43:47.249
9. Scott Keegan – 44:02.163
10. Tom Kite – 44:18.443
Day 2 A4DE E1 Provisional Results
1. Luke Styke (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Off-Road Team) – 41:49.088
2. Michael Driscoll – 42:30.648
3. Fraser Higlett (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) – 42:55.010
4. Jeremy Carpentier (Yamaha MX Store Ballard’s Off-Road Team) – 43:08.280
5. Jack Simpson – 43:34.981
6. Nic Tomlinson – 44:26.481
7. Brad Hardaker – 44:41.720
8. PD Allan – 46:16.361
9. Thomas Jenner – 46:59.438
10. Morgan Fitzgerald – 47:01.267
The action continues with day three tomorrow from 7:30am with the riders facing 165km of tough trials and five timed tests,.