We have recently started wearing the 2018 Troy Lee Designs SE4 helmet and so far, it’s been an extremely light and comfortable helmet to wear. We have been using the helmet as the temperature has climbed, so the 16 air intake ports and 6 rear exhaust ports have been put to the test, and there’s nothing negative to report. The SE4 is a very cool helmet to wear, despite ours being matte black.
The weight distribution of this helmet is spot-on due to the lightweight EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) chin bar.
The SE4 now comes with MIPS brain protection system which reduces rotational forces to the brain, along with 3D contoured cheek pads with emergency release system and plastic visors screws with brass inserts for easy impact break away, you can feel confident in this helmet.
Besides Safety and functionality the SE4 has the looks. Its shape is a nice mix between the European and American styles making it stand out from the rest. – Dane Thompson
- EPP (Expanded PolyPropylene) chin bar provides lightweight, durable protection
- 16 intake ports channel cool air around and over a rider’s head forcing hot sweaty air out through 6 rear exhaust ports
- Anatomically contoured 3D cheek pads with emergency release system allows EMS responders to easily remove cheek pads before removing the helmet
- Stainless Steel D-rings are both strong and light
- Plastic visor screws combined with brass inserts are durable while providing break-away protection
- 3 shell sizes for a perfect, low-profile fit across 6 helmet sizes.
- 1500g (+/- 50), making this one of the lightest poly helmets on the market
- Includes Troy Lee Designs drawstring helmet bag
- Exceeds certifications for Snell M2015, DOT FMVSS 218, ECE 22.05 and AS/NZS 1698